Lets Build a Drummer
Let's Build a Drummer is designed to give a drummer the ability to think and play rhythms on the drum set.
section is set up in a logical progression with the purpose of the drummer's achieving success.
Suggestions in using
"Let's Build a Drummer:"
1. Practice at different tempos.
2. "Play a long" with records
using appropriate rhythms from "Let's Build a Drummer."
3. Don't race through the book. Take some time
to absorb the rhythms as you learn them. Repetition is a valuable tool in learning.
4. Practice three to six rhythms
from different sections within the same practice week. The various sections have some components in common.
with a teacher or friend that has experienced these or similar rhythms.
6. Pick out some "favorites" and incorporate
them into your playing.
7. Set up a good, steady practice schedule.
8. Above all, have fun while learning.